My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad day around here, our beloved Miss Kitty had to be put to sleep after development of a tumor. I'll miss being woken up at three in the morning to let her out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
I am so sorry to hear Smitty. I know the feeling of missing a loved pet . Stay strong and remember the good times. I'll pray for you and your family!

Reactions: Smitty76

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I'm very sorry to hear that. It's harder than most know when you have to put down a family pet.

She was a pretty cat and I'm sure had a wonderful life thanks to the family that took care of her.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
I'm sad to hear about this, and I know how much you can get attached to a pet. Just remember, she probably had just as much fun as you did, and you'll have memories of her forever.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Real sorry to hear about Miss Kitty. She has the look of a lady about her. It is good that she passed being loved. Did you have her since she was a kitten?

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
:^:

I confess that our pets have been closer and more loved then some of my own family. I share your grief and so sorry to hear of your loss of Miss Kitty...

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words, have to admit this has left a big void in our lives.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
I still miss my Husky Smitty. Since this surgery, kinda thinking it might be time to look into a pet again. Been over three years now I believe. Seems like cheating on him! I still feel his spirit at times.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
I still miss my Springer at times (namely when a customer's dog comes over and lays against me for attention) and jeez that was over 15 years. Someday I'll get another. Have a soft spot for Springers and St. Bernards but not really too picky so long as it is friendly. :2th:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
have to admit this has left a big void in our lives.
They can become so apart of our lives that we feel as though they are almost one of us.

Since this surgery, kinda thinking it might be time to look into a pet again.
:ThumbUp:

I still miss my Springer at times (namely when a customer's dog comes over and lays against me for attention) and jeez that was over 15 years. Someday I'll get another. Have a soft spot for Springers and St. Bernards but not really too picky so long as it is friendly.
I've always thought St. Bernards are one of the prettiest dogs. Like you said though, any dog that is friendly is OK in my book.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
I delivered to job site on Thursday. Two sweet big white dogs came over to truck. The one started biting my hand to start play time!
Made me long for a pup. Big decision and one not made alone!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
God only knows when you are ready for new pet. Very hard decision sometimes. smitty hang in there.

Reactions: Smitty76

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Yeah, it is a big commitment. Even more so when your going to be the sole caretaker of it. The dogs I like most unfortunately are dogs that need to run full out to burn off energy and don't do well spending much time inside. I don't hunt and really would need to put a fence around the yard for one now as I'm no longer up to walking the miles a week I did with the springer running in circles around me on a 20' rope. I never could get her trained to stay in the yard off a leash. One bird flying over or the smell of a rabbit, chipmunk, or squirrel someplace and she lost her hearing completely. :D

A small dog or even better a cat would make much more sense for me now. Something that sleeps a lot and content to stay inside where it is warm and look out the window at the birds. ;) Used to have a fish aquarium, had goldfish and raised guppies for awhile and my grandmother had a canary in the kitchen that loved to sing along with the frying pan. Thought about those two options but they do not like being petted too well. :D

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Lol we have a Guppies tank now for ten plus years. They are nice to have. Mark, our Husky was like that. Very spunky! ��

1 - 20 of 20 Posts