My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, the secret project revealed! Meet Snoopy, a 1970 Olympic 335 with a 1968 Super 300 engine and a 1969 hood. It sat in a yard down the road from me for the last 20+ years. It fired up 3rd pull after I freed the inlet needle and sanded the points. I drove it out of the shed after unsticking the clutch, a testament to these old Bombardiers I suppose. I love the decals, never seen them before. I was originally going to call it Jolly Olly, as my friend's MotoSki is Toad .. but I'm sure nobody here would get that reference. It idles like a cement mixer and smoked out a 7 acre field in a matter of 5 minutes. The ski stances are made from 1/4" stock.. the rear set of bogies are off a Moto-Ski, the centers are 1970 Bombi, and the front is 1965 wide-rubber. The use of 3 sets of different springs for each set makes the ride quite .. interesting. The headlight is a dismounted popup light from a '69, the track I'm told is 1975. I've seen bodge-jobs before, but this thing is a blast! When the old Tilly carb will hold a tune for more then 30 seconds, it'll pull the skis off the ground!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice find! :cool Those old sleds back in the day had some cool styling to them. It sounds like a lot of fun to ride. We'd love to see of a video of it run when you get around to it!

Keep us posted and thanks for showing it off!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Looks like fun, thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Sweet old girl!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts