My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our family recently got a new Golden Retriever puppy. He's now 11 weeks and we've named him Duke.

He is one of the most people friendly dogs that I have ever met and simply cannot get enough love from you. Sit down on the floor and he immediately crawls in your lap or simply stand there and he'll put his head foot. A lot of dogs that we've looked over the past year were friendly and all, but a lot of the time are distracted, not as interested in you or just had too much energy. Between that and his calmer personality, we knew he was the one for us.

Right now he is in his chewing stage and has to try everything out which can be a whole lot of fun to deal with, but he's smart, been learning quick and think that he'll be a great dog.

And even likes motorcycles!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have never heard anything bad said about this wonderful breed. They get big, but they are a great family dog. It is well known in these parts that they love motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
A lab , the only "big" dog I would on, I love labs, but I prefer the small ones for travel. I just lost one of my chihuahuas, need to fill that empty void where he slept in the bed

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Thats a beautiful puppy you have there Austen. I had a Golden Retriever for several years till she was overcome by epilepsy. Very smart, loyal and loving dogs! Take good care of her and she'll love you forever. :)

Butterscotch and Peaches the cat

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed, Goldens are typically known to be a loyal and loving breed that make great family dogs.

Cute pets there, Bruce! Thanks for the photos. Your cat especially looks very happy.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Looks like you've got yourself a good buddy there for sure. Now, if you can just teach him the metric system, and the difference between an open end and box end wrench, you'll have a great mechanic's assistant as well. He looks smart enough that he'll catch on in no time.

·
Founding Administrator
1,256 Posts
Puppies are definitely cute! My wife is a dog person, but I do like the Golden puppies the best. So full of energy, but when it runs out, it's nap time, no matter where they are.

FP--Looks like you really had a pair of pals there. What one didn't think of, the other one would?

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So full of energy, but when it runs out, it's nap time, no matter where they are.
That's right! Sometimes that's never a bad thing either. :sidelaugh

Thanks guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts