My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to garage sales and found a couple goodies. Picked up this McLane Trim'n Edger for $8 :cool I'm not too interested in edgers but I could tell this was a little old and thought it was cool and built pretty well. Did a little research and found the company still makes these and they hardly have changed at all.
I think this one is @ the early 60s. The PO said it ran until the pull start broke. I think it just came unwound from coming off track as the string is pinched on the inside.
Here is some pics.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice find and for $8 you got a steal! Having one of those can be handy to have. I'm sure it won't take much to get it running.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The engine has the wrong air filter on it. McLane would have requested the use of an oil bath air cleaner. I believe I have one in my pile of parts if you need one. It will probably cost more than $8 to send it to you though!

Cool piece, good luck with it.

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, Just for curiosity this is what a brand new one looks like.. They are about $450 brand new today from Mclane Lawn and Garden Equipment

-Stan
Yup, thats what I found, and I guess they figured if it ain't broke don't fix it. They came in a 3 wheel and a 4 wheel version. There was a transition from a steel wheel (rim) to a plastic wheel version along the way. I think there may even be a few parts that are still the same...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts