My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am considering purchasing a later style Jacobsen 4 Acre mower as seen in the illustration below, however the mower is missing its original magneto. The style of mag is the type that mounts on the side of the engine that is driven off the end of the crankshaft.

Before I pull the trigger on this machine, it would be good to have some kind of a lead on where to find on a replacement mag as parts for these machines are very hard to find and don't want to end up with 300lb paperweight sort of thing. From what I've been able to find, the mag is a Wico 305-B.

I've contacted a few other sources and just wondered if anyone here might have an idea too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I don't know much about this topic.. But from what I remember.. The mags that bolt to the outside of the engines just attach with a sort of "Lovejoy" Coupling type deal.. So I'm not positive.. But any magneto with that coupling aught to work.

-Stan

·
Registered
480 Posts
Reactions: Austen

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Devans just might be onto something there with checking military surplus since Jacobsen made equipment for the military during WWII.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!!

I don't know much about this topic.. But from what I remember.. The mags that bolt to the outside of the engines just attach with a sort of "Lovejoy" Coupling type deal.. So I'm not positive.. But any magneto with that coupling aught to work.

-Stan
Thanks!

Have you tried here?
Standard Magneto

Sometimes these guys have magnetos and parts. You have to keep checking with them or give them a call.
Military Surplus - Survival Products | Coleman's Military Surplus

This guy mainly deals with magneto parts for gravelys but he may have resources for other manufacturers as well.
Homepage of G-T Gravely Parts

My bag of tricks is empty. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the links, devans! Very helpful and greatly appreciated. :ThumbUp:

I just spoke with Standard Magneto and it sounds like there may be a couple of other required mounting parts so I'll need to do a little more research on my end.

Post by Hard Notched Customs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts