My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone that has owned a LTX1042KW for a few years give me some feedback on how their mower is doing? The more I look at these, the less I like the D125 or D130 I had my heart set on buying! Thanks

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, its been ages since I logged in here.
I have the above mentioned Cub and I am as happy with it today as when I got it almost 3 years ago.
I also started out thinking I was going to get a D130 and after looking hard at both, I got the Cub and never looked back. The Kawasaki is a very strong runner and has never let me down.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, its been ages since I logged in here.
I have the above mentioned Cub and I am as happy with it today as when I got it almost 3 years ago.
I also started out thinking I was going to get a D130 and after looking hard at both, I got the Cub and never looked back. The Kawasaki is a very strong runner and has never let me down.
Good deal! Thanks for posting the update and it sounds like you've been pleased with its performance. :ThumbUp:
Any pics? :pics:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
She sure is sharp! I can see why you like it. :2th:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, I just pulled it out of the shed on Saturday, with a freshly charged batter it fired right up. I used it to roll the lawn (and make a muddy mess) and then brought it up to the garage for a clean up and service.
Pulled the deck off yesterday to clean that and sharpen the blades. going to change the oil as soon as i get a filter. It should be ready to go after that. Just waiting for the ground to dry enough to start cutting.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Well, I just pulled it out of the shed on Saturday, with a freshly charged batter it fired right up. I used it to roll the lawn (and make a muddy mess) and then brought it up to the garage for a clean up and service.
Pulled the deck off yesterday to clean that and sharpen the blades. going to change the oil as soon as i get a filter. It should be ready to go after that. Just waiting for the ground to dry enough to start cutting.
Does me good to hear about your experience so far. I also purchased a CC, An LTX 1046 KW to be exact. I've only owned it for about 2 weeks and for the time it's spent cutting grass... The one time was awesome! It's been really wet here in Southeast Texas. :help:

I was just as yourself at the time I asked about an update some weeks back. I had it narrowed down to the D130 as well as a CC. I almost got the new and improved XT1 series that they're selling at Home Depot now..... I'm very glad I went to a dealer and opted for the Kawasaki engine. It roars to life and never seems to act like it needs any extra power when cutting the grass. Coming from an MTD Gold 46" with a Kohler Courage 22hp single it's been a night and day difference. Thanks again and I look forward to having the great reliability that you've experienced so far! :2th:

·
Registered
242 Posts
This time, do that oil change just before the end of the season so the mower is not sitting all winter with the dirty oil sitting in the mower.
I am fairly sure the manual will actually tell you to change the oilbefore you lay the machine up for winter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts