My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used scag zero turn recently with a 19hp kawasaki engine. It started lsing power, sputtering kinda like a soft backfire. I checked the oil and it was good and I replaced the plugs. It ran great for about a half hour and then started doing it again. Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks, E

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
It sounds as if it is a fuel related issue. Is this is a carbureted or fuel injected engine?

If it is carbureted, it be partially clogged and not getting sufficient fuel flow through it and need to be cleaned.

If it is a fuel injected model then I would check the fuel pressure. If you supply us with the model of engine, I can see if I can find a free service manual on the net.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Austen, I don't know much about if it is a fuel injected or a carborated engine. The E/NO FH580VB81043. Above bar code reads CODE FH580V-CS37-R

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Thanks twocycle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually nevermind. I dont know if I can be precise enough to get all the gaskets and stuff back just right and without messing it up. I'll just take it to the local mower service place. Thanks, at least now I have the problem narrowed down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts