My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another Murray!!
murray ride on lawn mower/tractor
Went to get it, nice lady owned it. She would not haggle, no biggie as it looked clean. Got it home and it started with direct jump box. Run great!
We found a bad solenoid and repaired that. Then found the safety seat switch inop, found cut wire. I fixed that and then it died when getting off with brake on? The switch was no good, I replaced it and Good! So EVERYTHING works! In a hour we got a working machine for $100? Thank God!! Wow! Now to detail and take deck off. Sharpen blades and repaint deck. The battery and oil are good! She said a shop took care of it. We then stopped at yard sale and found a sweet push mower for....$15! It runs, but needs carb clean! God blessed us today!

Packed house!

Look into no crank and found this!?

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Well, that solenoid was definitely the problem!:sidelaugh $100 for a nice opposed twin cylinder mower like that is a pretty sweet deal. :cool

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bruce ! I always liked the Murrays. I been looking for another to do for a while now!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dad found out why it scalped when mowing, a blade is a u!! :)
Got new ones from friend. I want to mow with it!! LOL

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dad mowed with it ,put gator type blades. Cut REAL nice!!! I Seafoamed engine when I got home. Think it might have some carbon in it. Seems to run well thank God!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Those headlights need some a lovin'.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Austen, the WHOLE tractor needs some loving looks wise!! :)
I will adress this weekend with buffer! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
UPDATE!! Rubbing compound and buffer found its way to paint!! Took headlight lens out and cleaned inside and out!
Painted hitch area quick. The stickers on hood are messed up, but guess it is what it is!

Reactions: Capstan

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A short video of it running!
Thanks Kori!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Kori, you noticed it too? I hear something also. I am part of a Murray owners forum also and a local guy with one had a similar issue lately. Turned out it had loose engine bolts. I plan to check on this one.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Never got to figure it out, sold! A guy came over from my friend Bob's house. He needs tractor NOW! I showed him my uncles old one and Murray. Sold it and took THREE Craftsman in trade!!! Post to follow!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts