My Lawnmower Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some bad news a work today. Our healthcare policy is up for renewal and price is SKY HIGH! :( I have to pay half and looks like my check a week with get at least $70 lighter. :(
It is what it is, God willing I can get a much needed raise. I haven't gotten one in over 6 years now. Not holding my breath, a little down right now. God will supply, brain is concerned though! :soap:
Back to our tractor/mower talks! Need to be cheered up!! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bruce, that cheers me up! ;)
Kori, just bums me out. My pay isn't going as far as it used too of course. Then get hours cut AND pay more for insurance! Going to be over $200 more!

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Hope we tread lite with the politics, fellas...:help:

It IS every persons right to complain in this country, but our little corner of the world (MLF) isn't the place.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mark, I was very careful with this post. If you are concerned ,I apologize!! I am only complaining of a added weight onto my bottom line! :(

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
No apology necessary, Eric!

The burden of health care is every family's nightmare these days. Just don't want us to toss this into political turmoil.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Sorry to hear your bad news, Eric! I hope you find a way through the added burden. My dad's a doctor, and he's having similar frustrations from the other end of the system.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I'm with all of you guys on this subject.

That said, please keep it at a controlled level as everyone has been doing so far. I know this will not be a problem for our group.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Welcome to the club. I flat out lost my medical through the company over a year ago. Not enough remaining employees to qualify for a group plan. That $300+ a month now totally out of pocket also coming out of a pay check that has went nowhere for about 10 years for numerous reasons some of which are my own fault and choices I have made.

You can get cheaper plans but I stayed with one similar to what I had through the company. Local hospital had an article in the newspaper about beware and don't go with the cheapest rate. One cheap plan was so bad there was only one place up in Columbus that was "in network". I don't care to drive 35 miles with searing back pain or 102°F fever to see a doctor and get treatment at the hospital up there so I pay more to drive 4 miles from home instead. :dunno:

·
Registered
114 Posts
While we have seen some pretty stiff increases to the cost (and believe me, it hurts) we were sort of prepared for it, we knew it was coming.
The part that has me furious is now the insurance is worthless unless something really big happens. Our deductible has gone up to $5000!
As I said, we will never reach that amount unless something serious happens. Until then (hopefully never) we will be paying the full bill whenever we go to the doctor.

Our health plan was very good, it was not cheap but it was doable. Now the cost has caused us to make some real sacrifices and its the gift that keeps on giving.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
In the interest of keeping our forum a place of retreat to get away from life's little woes and worries, and to enjoy our common interests, I am going to close this thread. No harm, no foul.

Thanks! ;)
FP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.