My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was a landscaping guy many many years ago and got spoiled on the John Deere JX75s. That's kind of my holy grail on lawnmowers. Anyways, over the years I've kind of hoarded them and always had one that I could get running. Currently, I do not have a running mower and need one. I'm considering a new mower. I purchased a generation 2 Ybravo 25" last week and just dislike most things about it compared to the JX75s. I am returning it this week and trying to find another replacement. The next contender is the Honda HRC216HXA. Anyways, hoping some of y'all are familiar with the JX75s and could provide me with some opinions of the Honda or other options. Also, anyone with experience between the HRC and HRX mowers.. I absolutely hated the handles on the HRX and the steering. The HRC looks the same but moving it in the store, it seemed to not be so bad. Sorry for the long post, please help me find a mower as good as the JX75s I'd prefer a blade clutch. Probably only looking at Kawasaki or Honda engines.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
I run an HRC216, and it's a fantastic mower. The shaft driven hydro tranny is unstoppable, and the deck is rock solid. Honda GXV engines are real tough too. The only negative is that it's pretty heavy, but it's not that bad. I've never had an issue with the handle shape. Toro also makes some nice walk-behinds with Honda or Kawa engines.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
i run an older 14sb and a an older toro commercial with a suzuki 4 stroke engine. i have used and owned an older hrc215 and an hrx217 and you wont notice the difference in the way the handles are set up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.. But if the HRX is the ninite deck machines, I absolutely hate them. I'm 6'4 so the JX75s work well because the handle is so adjustable. The HRX seemed very long I guess. The few minutes I had looking at the HRC didn't seem quite the same. I will spend some more time at the controls Friday before I buy!
Thanks,
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Look forward to seeing it! Give us a snap :pics:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The night before I returned the Ybravo 25, I realized the HRC does not have height adjustments for the handlebar. It is just too low for me to use comfortably. I got home from taking the Ybravo back and think I found the issue with one of my JX75s. I had swapped the carb over and the magneto? that pulsed the spark plug and couldn't get it started. I was playing with it and saw that the choke wasn't closing. I manually held the choke while starting it and got it going. Now it will start without the choke. Mowed my front and back on different days this weekend. Man the JX75 is so easy to use. I'm beginning to think I will not find a mower I like as much!
Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts