My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm countryboyz,

i just bought a hair under 6 acres behind my house, 90% of it was planted with corn/sunflowers just last year. i would like to start working it a little maybe plant a bunch of potatoes or something. i just mowed it today (looked like a hay field) with my jd la145 and if i do that many more times i don't think it will run long. i am looking for a small farm tractor or big garden tractor that i could put a brushhog or sickle bar mower, tiller, small plow on. i don't know what i want, but need suggestions on what to make sure it has, for what i will need for future use. Also what are well made older machines that you can find attachments and parts easily for. i'm cheep, but don't want to get something to small and beat the crap out of it.

Thanks for any help. My pap passed away this past year and took a lot of knowledge with him. he would have known in a heart beat what i needed, what was good, and what not to touch with a ten foot pool!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Welcome to MLF, glad to have you. Check out the forums and feel free to post questions in the forums as they arise.

·
1,329 Posts
Welcome aboard the MLF countryboyz. thanks for joining us. I wouldnt want to start off with a wore out or a to small of machine. Find the one that you are happy with, bite the bullet get it bought and paid for. With proper maintenance and attention it will be a good investment for you.
Our Dads were much smarter then we sometimes give them credit for, My Dad gets smarter every day that I live on, and he passed near 30 years ago. :howdy::2cents: :pics: share some pics of your tractor possibilities.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts