My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there y'all,

I'm looking to purchase a lawn mower lift/jack so I can more efficiently perform maintenance on my mower if anyone knows where I could get a good quality one. My mower is a fairly large one (Husqvarna LGT24K54) so I need a lift that can hold several hundred pounds reliably. I've looked at a few places online but would really like to get a good one if I am spending the money. If anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

Thanks,

John

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome, handymansmith!

There are a few choices out there when it comes to lawnmower lifts.

Below is a picture of the one like I have which is hydralic. It works for both my motorcycles and my John Deere lawn tractor. Simply roll it underneath, provided you have the deck off, and start pumping and away she goes.

It is a nice unit and I think that it was bought at Sears. It was given to me as a gift many years ago, but you see these types of lifts in auto parts stores all the time so I think that it is a pretty common design among many manufactures.

There are also others out there that are like little dollies. There are different version of these, some are more basic than others. This type of unit allows you to lift just the rear or front up at a time. Here is a thread with photos and discussion pertaining to this type of lift: http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?p=1854001

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your input. There are many manufacturers of this style. I'm leaning towards the Turf Buddy I saw the you tube video on. American Made all the way! Not too pricey either. I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Sounds good and definitely keep us updated on what you get! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought the Pro-lift last year

Picked mine up after seeing them on sale. I got there Saturday morning and they were down to one unit. I put my foot on it until a salesperson came by. I think I got it for $120 - I think. It was a real bargain!

I drive an STX38 (~400 lbs) and so the lift only has to move half of that.

It works fine - but make sure the safety bars are engaged in the notches (on both sides) before crawling underneath. You almost need to lift the mower enough to drop the guards in the slots and then lower the lift just a bit to push the tips in solidly.

Now you can get to the underside and clean and sharpen and inspect to your heart's content. I can't imagine wearing it out - I have just the one unit to lift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts