Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys here is my choices

Toro-SS4235
Toro-SS4260
Gravely-ZT42

all are in my price range.

My yard is 1/2acre +
My Aunt`s lawn I cut is about 1acre
No plowing,snow work just pulling cart with mulch sometimes.

What do you think.

I love red--:sidelaugh

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Gravely. Even their homeowner machines are built pretty heavy. Besides the Toros are Home Depot machines, while the Gravely will be from a dealer, which means better warranty support and greater parts availibility

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gravely. Even their homeowner machines are built pretty heavy. Besides the Toros are Home Depot machines, while the Gravely will be from a dealer, which means better warranty support and greater parts availibility
The dealer I went to is a Toro and Gravely dealer that is all he carries --I wont buy from a box store.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The dealer I went to is a Toro and Gravely dealer that is all he carries --I wont buy from a box store.
I like the Toro MX .....
Check out MowersDirect..
Google
Settled for a Simplicity ZT 16 44 with the hand controls as opposed to "arm" controls...
Box stores are "service free"............or, more correctly.....no-service... this is important for a first time buyer....
BUT, do check the big box Internet sites....they have a ton of reviews....some are of value....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well I have been to alot of dealers
Exmark--Quest S 42"

Toro-Mx 4260
Titan ZX4820

Gravely- ZTXL 42
ZT42

Leaning towards the Toro and Gravely(at the same dealer) and get a good vib from him.

Exmark dealer is kind of snotty and bad mouthed the Quest--guess not enough profit for him..:dunno:

So my search may be complete.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Go for the Toro and Gravely people-there's nothng worse than a rude dealer. You think he's bad now? Just wait until you need a warranty repair!:(

·
Registered
8 Posts
We purchased the 42'' eXmark Quest S-series and have so far put about 10 hours on it (about time for the first oil change!). We love the machine. The 23 horsepower kawasaki is awesome...however, I may need to double check, but the Hustler Raptor has a 42'' model with also the Kawasaki 23 and the same hydro motors as the Exmark, for over $1,000 dollars less w/o tax (we paid $3,699 + tax for our Exmark - it was a $300 off sale)

I suppose we could've saved a bit of money and got the Hustler but our preferred dealer doesn't carry Hustler. Either way, the Exmark Quest and Hustler Raptor ($2,799) look almost exactly the same, in appearance and specifications. Just not color :p

If the exmark isn't in your price range, I would go ahead and get the Hustler. Those two brands out of the ones you've mentioned are really the only ones I would go for.

P.S. There is a model of toro Identical to the Exmark Quest other than being black and red rather than grey and red. I think it's the Timecutter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts