My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed on a couple other tractor sites, when a member would make a post with a good idea, of help of any kind, other members can click on "LIKE" the recieved likes would be counted at the left under our post count.
the given likes also are shown.
( Notice to the the OP that DRB "LIKED" your post.)
It would keep a post from going unnoticed even thought we did like the info.
I,as well as most of us will try to give credit where credit is due. some members might not repost very often, how ever clicking a "LIKE" doesn't take much effort.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
That doesn't show who offered up the rating, does it? And does it show up for the poster, or the one who did the rating?

I gave it five stars, what do you guys see?

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
A 5 star rating at the top of the post, but no, no credit from the guy who gave the rating.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
OK I see what you have here.

like  thread.jpg
like  thread .jpg

I'll have to see if that is an option or not. The site's format looks similar but if its not in the programming than we may not be able too with out great difficulty.

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
It will get like Ebay ... Please leave a like or a thanks after I answer your question in a satisfactory manner . Don't know if I like the idea. To me it sounds competitive.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I've always liked that feature on Smok Stak.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Well, we can find out how many folks would be interested in this idea.
How many would like to have this feature? Leave a comment here whether it is for or against the idea. Don't be shy, all members input welcome! :2th:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
OK I see what you have here.

View attachment 3418
View attachment 3410

I'll have to see if that is an option or not. The site's format looks similar but if its not in the programming than we may not be able too with out great difficulty.
Both SmokeSTAK, MTF and here, as well as many other forums use Something called BBCode or a variant of some sort... I frankly have no idea how it works or how to modify it, but you can tell its BBcode because smilies and stuff show up as :laugh: or something like that.

-Stan

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Both SmokeSTAK, MTF and here, as well as many other forums use Something called BBCode or a variant of some sort... I frankly have no idea how it works or how to modify it, but you can tell its BBcode because smilies and stuff show up as :laugh: or something like that.
That has nothing to do with the option of counting and caching post or like/thank counts, it just allows you to use a series of characters to insert an item in the thread sort of like HTML codes but does not allow a user to improperly use it to mess up a page format. I am not a programmer nor do I claim to be, that is just my interpretation of it.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
That has nothing to do with the option of counting and caching post or like/thank counts, it just allows you to use a series of characters to insert an item in the thread sort of like HTML codes but does not allow a user to improperly use it to mess up a page format. I am not a programmer nor do I claim to be, that is just my interpretation of it.
I'm simply saying, Due to the apparent ease of which people program BBcode, I doubt for someone with the knowledge of BBcode it would be hard to add the "Like" Feature to this site.

However, I would like the "Like" Feature, I think It would be helpful by giving the O.P a way to say "Thanks" or "Good Post" without having to quote-reply a post just to say thanks

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
I'm with Austen on favoring something similar to SmokStak's. You could show an appreciation for a person's post without having to create a post yourself.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had to sign up to see the features. Now i'm a member of another forum ;)
I have been on that forum since 2004, you see how often Im there. I like the N tractors.
It was before mytractor forum
be careful, dont get spread to thin :sidelaugh

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Just an FYI I don't see it as a currently available option within our administrative controls. I believe it is a mod that the forum owners (Vertical Scope) could possibly add. It will be their call if it can be done.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts