My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is left hand the chute discharge side of the mower?

The adjustable hanger, part no 35 AM105403, Strap, Lift, LH on the diagram, doesn't seem like it's positioned properly because it interferes with the cross member. IF someone could take a look at their deck hangar setup, it'd give me a better feeling that it's positioned properly.

These are before "restore" photos, but I can't be sure things were right when I acquired the mower, so I trust but verify.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Here is the pictures of my 180 deck. Think it is same as yours. If not, I'll take pictures of 38" off 160 tomorrow!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hangar for mower deck

It's close, but not quite. I think you have an extra spring that mine doesn't have. If you can get an underbelly shot of the mower showing the hangars that'd be a big help! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
This is your lucky day!! Forgot we did NOT take deck off the 160!
Hope these help!! BTW, your deck restore came out great!! ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks! You can see some sections where it dried with a krinkle in it. I got in a hurry on some parts, and laid the paint on too thick. This was done using cans and they can (pun intended) work well enough if one adds second coats according to directions and keeps temperature in right range. I didn't on either count. Still, I achieved stabilizing the rust, and that's mostly what I was after.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Lift Straps with deck removed

I wasn't sure I was getting my question across effectively... these photographs show the deck straps in what I see is their proper position.

What seems strange is that while the strap on the right hangs straight down unhindered, the adjusting one on the left is impeded by the crossbrace and held at an angle.

Lifting and lowering the deck handle demonstrates it hits against the brace through its entire travel. With the deck attached it seems it would press hard against the brace. This doesn't seem right so I'm wondering if I have it setup correctly.

I can't trust that someone attached it correctly when I got it. I'm told the previous owner's nephew got ahold of it and that's when things quit working with it.

Big thanks if someone confirms it's right or tells me what's wrong with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brace in position with mower deck

That's it! It's what I needed, fender off, deck in place! That was the only way I envisioned this could work... the strap is pulled backward and away from the crossbrace when attached to the deck!

Good find! I appreciate it! You're the best!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Thanks Mark! Sorry crawlfish, been super busy at work!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mark's link almost solved the puzzler on what I call the deck height selector arm spring setup in another post. But the springs not showing there either! Could it be it doesn't hook up at the fender selector but somewhere else??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts