My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine is still sitting in the garage is disrepair :mad: Sorry .. Not much to say about it ..

Unless you wanna come pick it up .. its yours :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally got a 10515. I put a NOS carb on it, but still need a coil. I might borrow one from another F powered LB until I order one. This might be worthy of a full restore.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to say howdy....I have lots of Lawnboys to finsih before the season is out. ! Great to be here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am going to start restoring my 8229B soon! Other than that I want to re do my 7035.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First Lawn-Boy

Here's my 10324 after I cleaned it up and got it running. I have sanded the front and side of the deck off and coated the blade area with a rust sealer. I will primer the top of the deck with sandable grey primer and use bedliner paint for the blade area.

The sad thing is the more I get into this the more I want to take everything off the deck and send it out for a media blast and have it powdercoated!

I guess my musclecar restoration days are clouding my judgement!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
1960 Lawn Boy w/rear catcher

I had seen a post here asking to see old Lawnboy mowers, but I cannot find it now, so here goes.........I bought this model #7250 LB mower new in 1960 and have used it ever since. I now have 15 acres and use it only for mowing around the back door and a little in the front yard. I think it is pretty good for a 52 year old mower. I always drain the gas tank and run the carb bowl dry before I put it up. It has always been kept inside; never rained on. I never wash it. Water = rust and ignition problems. I replaced the wheel bolts about 20 years ago and have kept them well oiled since.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just Bought a LB Deluxe 1975 5239D 19" a few days ago for ten bucks,cleaned the crap off of it and took the carb off and cleaned it.Runs good know and mowwed with it Friday.I need however a shroud cause it has two small cracks in the top right and left over the tank and it leaks.
I may be in the wrong thread,but if anyone has one that will work on it (this one is white) I can paint it with plastic paint.
Send me a pm please.
Thanks, pictures coming soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts