My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an Exmark Quest (42 inch fabricated deck) and after getting used to the steering, it greatly speeds up my mowing. I bought an accessory grass catcher which does a very good job of catching the discharge, but it fills up very quickly with leaves (its fall now) and I probably emptied the catcher 25-30 times - not time efficient.

Anyone have any recommendations on a pull-behind leaf vac/mulcher? I've looked at DR and Cyclone and they both seem to have some good and bad points. Where I live, they don't run a vacuum truck anymore (budget reasons) but they do collect yard trash if it's bagged.

I've looked at the Trac Vac for a ZTR mower and it looks good plus the collector is a large trash can that could be lined with a plastic garbage bag making leaf collection much easier than emptying and re-bagging.

Anyone have any recommendations for a leaf vaccum/mulcher? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,
Richard

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
:welcome:
Welcome to MLF Richard,
I'll have to leave this one to the "Northern guys" as I don't have the problems with vacuuming leaves and the perils of Fall. What little leaf drop I have, a simple mowing usually takes care of it.
Meanwhile, take a look around and make yourself at home here and enjoy the forums!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Your welcome. There are a bunch of fellas here that are from the northern areas that are more versed in the areas of leaf vacuums and large baggers. They'll jump in and give you some guidance here shortly. All I have is pine trees, scrub oaks and palms. :)

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Welcome to the forum Richard! :howdy:

Have you considered going with a mulch kit instead and leaving the leaves where they fall for fertilizer?

I live in an area where they are no longer running the vac trucks as well. For a long time now I've been mulching mine. In the event I get a little behind I have a cheap pull behind sweeper to collect the excess for the garden. Using the mulch kit cuts the number of times the bag needs emptied on the pull behind by half or more. My four maple trees though are only 20-30 years old. So it's not like I'm dealing with full blown wooded lawn of old growth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts