My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Granddaughters mustang to a muffler shop this morning. There set a LB,sentential mower. a 76. Davey said it hasnt been started in 20 years.
I will take a pic when I go back to get the stang. I might talk him out of it. I still have a 17 inch and a newer LB
How much money should I spend on a purchase? 50 dollar's ,maybe?

Attachments

·
Founding Administrator
1,256 Posts
If it's the red/white/blue model and it looks to be in good shape, $50 would be a great price. They do go for much more, but most of those are running. If it's been sitting for 20 years, you might have a bit of lubing/cleaning to do, but it would be a great conversational piece, or a fantastic mower as well!

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is the red,white and blue, with star's. electric start and self propelled.
It might clean up ok, but it's dirty right now.
David didn't get the car done today ,so I will check it out more tomorrow.
junebug, I really dont know much about them. I seen one like it on MTF.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's possible that I will get the LB. David ask me today if I might want it. I said SURE! I mean sure.

·
Founding Administrator
1,256 Posts
It's possible that I will get the LB. David ask me today if I might want it. I said SURE! I mean sure.
Sure = $50

SURE! = $75

SURE!!! = $100

You can do the Yaaa-Hoooos after you give him the money and are pushing it down the street heading home!

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sure = $50

SURE! = $75

SURE!!! = $100

You can do the Yaaa-Hoooos after you give him the money and are pushing it down the street heading home!
:D I went late last night to get my Granddaughters car. He wouldnt take any money for the work he did.
He said,quote " I will give you the mower in a few day's, no ,I dont want any money for it. I will call you"
I appreciate that, He said I did a lot over the years for him. We Have helped each other a lot for about 30 years .
we just wait, I will update when I hear from David.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The phone call came today, "Come get the LB!" It's not as nice as I have seen on my computer, starter Bendix is bad, hasnt been started for 20 year's. It has been stored inside a garage.
I will tear into it soon.

Attachments

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, a new project for when the holidays are over. That looks like a nice one. That will be a dream for trimming around the property. Have fun and keep us up to date.
BTW, Dave gave it to me , another favor I owe him.:D

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
The patriotic theme goes right along with your tow truck. You can set that mower on your truck and go to parades. ;)

Don't forget the heavy chain tie down. :D

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The patriotic theme goes right along with your tow truck. You can set that mower on your truck and go to parades. ;)

Don't forget the heavy chain tie down. :D

GOOD thinking! never crossed my mind. Thats why you get paid the big bucks! :D LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts