My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hello everyone, I have recently bought an old Lawnflite mtd but I’m struggling to find any info about the model number and year and so fourth, and somewhere to find a manual would be great!
I sold dozens of those in the mid 1980s. If the image is of your machine it looks in very good condition for its age. Unfortunately having retired from the mower trade in 2012 I decided that there was little point in hanging on to all my parts books and manuals and binned them a couple of months ago. The full model number for your machine would have been on a tin foil sticker, either on the underside of the seat or on the body immediately below the seat . If that sticker is still there it will have a number made up of three groups of three numerals and letters . I’ve still got some information so if you need anything put a post on this forum or by private message if this site allows it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sold dozens of those in the mid 1980s. If the image is of your machine it looks in very good condition for its age. Unfortunately having retired from the mower trade in 2012 I decided that there was little point in hanging on to all my parts books and manuals and binned them a couple of months ago. The full model number for your machine would have been on a tin foil sticker, either on the underside of the seat or on the body immediately below the seat . If that sticker is still there it will have a number made up of three groups of three numerals and letters . I’ve still got some information so if you need anything put a post on this forum or by private message if this site allows it.
hello, yes I have the serial numbers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, that’s the sticker. Memory is a bit shaky but 136 was the general type - front engined lawn tractor. 653 the model number which is interesting as the 653 started as 11hp but the decal on the side of your machine says 12/30 ie 12hp, 30”. Possibly the only thing that changed that year was the engine power. I can’t remember what the 611 meant but it was, I think a manufacturer’s number. I can’t remember how to interpret the date of manufacture but I know a man who can so will drop him an email. Like the Mini !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, that’s the sticker. Memory is a bit shaky but 136 was the general type - front engined lawn tractor. 653 the model number which is interesting as the 653 started as 11hp but the decal on the side of your machine says 12/30 ie 12hp, 30”. Possibly the only thing that changed that year was the engine power. I can’t remember what the 611 meant but it was, I think a manufacturer’s number. I can’t remember how to interpret the date of manufacture but I know a man who can so will drop him an email. Like the Mini !!
Thank you, any info would be great!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thank you, any info would be great!
In the meanwhile you may like to check the Briggs engine Model, Type and Code numbers that are stamped into the engine cowling just above the spark plug . The Code Number gives the year, day and month of manufacture, plus the shift number that it was made on. It’s a bit difficult to read as with the bonnet open one is peering in trying to read it upside down. We used a mirror or pressed Blue Tac into the impressions but now the camera on a mobile phone can help. So , if the Code Number starts 86 , that’s 1986. The engines may be made as much as 6 months ahead of the mower but do give a reasonable indication.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the meanwhile you may like to check the Briggs engine Model, Type and Code numbers that are stamped into the engine cowling just above the spark plug . The Code Number gives the year, day and month of manufacture, plus the shift number that it was made on. It’s a bit difficult to read as with the bonnet open one is peering in trying to read it upside down. We used a mirror or pressed Blue Tac into the impressions but now the camera on a mobile phone can help. So , if the Code Number starts 86 , that’s 1986. The engines may be made as much as 6 months ahead of the mower but do give a reasonable indication.
Hello, here’s a pictures of the engine numbers
hello, here are pictures of the engine numbers

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
MTD Lawnflight. Model 137-252-707 Ride on mower. 1987
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I have recently bought an old Lawnflite mtd but I’m struggling to find any info about the model number and year and so fourth, and somewhere to find a manual would be great!
Hallo, I have the same model, the only info I need is the length of the belt from the engine to the 30 inch cutting deck.
Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts