My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired an old Lawnboy 5268 (I think it may be from the late 60's) and would like some info on it. There is a lever that slides in and out, located under the plastic gas tank. It appears to change the tension on a spring on the throttle. Is this supposed to be a low/hi throttle adjustment? Is it used for starting? Any explanation would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Founding Administrator
1,256 Posts
If this lever is on the handle side of the shroud, yes, that is a hi/lo throttle adjustment. It is not supposed to slide in and out, though, rather it turns 180 degrees. If it is loose you will need to carefully remove the shroud and put the control end back in place.

I am not finding the model number listed on the LB (Toro) site. Can you verify the model number?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the lever is on the handle side; rear of mower. Although it cannot rotate at all; it only slides forward and backwards. I couldn't find the model on the list either. I attached photos of the Model Plate and the sliding lever in both positions. I am not able to get fuel to the plug so I was wondering what position this lever should be in for starting. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. (the photos will be in another post when I figure out how to upload them)

·
Founding Administrator
1,256 Posts
OK, you really have an oldie here. If there is not fuel getting to the combustion chamber I would suggest removing the carb and cleaning it. I imagine that you could have the lever in either position to at least get the mower to start. There is probably a choke position on the carb itself.

Yes, you can upload photos without using a service. Below the text box where you type your post there is a button that says "Manage Attachments". Just click that and it will open a box for you to upload your pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts