My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bottle of "bayer" weed killer....by mistake. I had one of these bayer weed killers and found it to be a whole lot less,useful on weeds... than the "ortho type" killer. Who makes ortho? i can't raise just the company address. online. That And........ i have a bottle of ortho klor 74 chriaddane this is the spelling abit off.any help appreciated bob s

ps Whats your opinion the"bayer weed killer"????

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Never tried the Bayer weed killer but have used their rose fertilizer that puts the pesticide in the plant itself and I think it is awesome. Used some other Bayer pesticide products as well and had good results too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think it is very useful. Kills weeds and roots - taken into the plant through the leaves and moves down to the roots, killing the plant from within.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I don't actually use weed killers at all, Since I have pets which go outside It's really bad for them to absorb it through their feet.

Typically, I just keep my grass thick and fertilized at about 2.1/2-3" High and that chokes out the bulk of the weeds. Especially dandelions and thistles.

I had a bad case of knotweed once, but I used some of this corn gluten stuff and it killed it almost immediately.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've used the Bayer spray weed killer on my parents' Fescue lawn and it seemed to do a good job of cutting down on the dandelions and crabgrass.
Now on my lawn, I really don't use weed killer because I have Zoysia grass and most weed killers are bad for my type of lawn. I just mow often and mow at a height of about 2in and it seems to choke most of the weeds out. I do use a mild fertilizer like Milorganite in the spring to help green the lawn up and promote thick growth, but beyond that I avoid chemicals on my lawn!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use the old method with a gallon of vinegar, 2 cups epson salts and 1/4 cup dawn - shake well. I have doggies and this is about as pet friendly as it gets, according to my vet. Spray it on all leaves, two applications has killed everything i put it on.

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts