My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this tractor and the brake doesn't work. I was wondering if anyone knew if its easy to change out the brake pads on the hydrostatic unit. I looked up the diagram but it looks like the pads are inside the trans. Also is there a good online site or store in Oklahoma that sell parts for this rider? Need muffler, seat, deck wheels, gas cap, oil filter, etc... Thanks

·
Administrator
6,223 Posts
Welcome to the forum primernova! :)

I looked up the 111H at John Deere parts and looks to me like it is an external disk type on the side of the differential. Item #8 is the disk and #9 are the pads in the photo below:

Might want to check your linkage and follow it back to the calipers and make sure all is working.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum primernova! :)

I looked up the 111H at John Deere parts and looks to me like it is an external disk type on the side of the differential. Item #8 is the disk and #9 are the pads in the photo below:

Might want to check your linkage and follow it back to the calipers and make sure all is working.
Hey thanks.
I will look at it tonight but when I first looked at it the linkage was on the rear left side when sitting on the tractor. Also I know that there is a difference between my hydrostatic trans and the gear box style something about a netural brake. But anyways I will look and go from there, thank you for your response.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Welcome to MLMF, Primernova

Happy you found us and hope you enjoy the forums!

Your user name sounds suspiciously like a Nova in primer...could it be? :D

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome to MyLawnmowerForum!

It could also just be that your linkage needs to be gone through and lubricated. I've found that a lot times these parts tend to seize up, and after everything is properly lubricated, the brakes engage again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to MLMF, Primernova

Happy you found us and hope you enjoy the forums!

Your user name sounds suspiciously like a Nova in primer...could it be? :D
A 71 Nova to be exact!! And the petal goes to the ground and I can see it all moving.

·
Administrator
6,223 Posts
...And the petal goes to the ground and I can see it all moving.
Are there any pads left? :D

My old Jake lost a pad when I was backing down grade in the front yard one day. Ended up backing down over the curb (about a 10" drop) and coming to a stop in the middle of the street. Luckily I got the blades shut off before going over the curb and no cars were coming. Woke me up! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are there any pads left? :D

My old Jake lost a pad when I was backing down grade in the front yard one day. Ended up backing down over the curb (about a 10" drop) and coming to a stop in the middle of the street. Luckily I got the blades shut off before going over the curb and no cars were coming. Woke me up! :D
Ok I see the brake caliper and see the plundger thing going in and out but not too sure there is a pad there. I will tear into it this weekend. I do have another question tho, the throttle linkage is messed up and its either all throttle by throttle lever moved to the middle or it dies at slow throttle, the linkage isn't right, is there a good pic of the linkage anywhere, that way I can compare it to another one?? thanks

·
Administrator
6,223 Posts
... I do have another question tho, the throttle linkage is messed up and its either all throttle by throttle lever moved to the middle or it dies at slow throttle, the linkage isn't right, is there a good pic of the linkage anywhere, that way I can compare it to another one?? thanks
Briggs & Stratton?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts