My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
I change the oil in my 4-cycle engines usually twice a season. Once during the middle of summer (around this time I guess) and once at the end of the season. Every now and again, I'll just do it once a season, but always after the last mow of the season, so that used oil doesn't sit in the crankcase and oxidize all winter.

I always keep the engines stored over the winter full of fuel. In my experience, even when using fuel stabilizer, trying to run them out of gas lets varnish build up. I keep the tanks full, and the fuel shutoff closed, and haven't had problems with startup in the spring. Our off season isn't all that long, though. Maybe November through March.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I change the oil in my 4 cycle equipment twice a season. And the air filter every season and the spark plugs every 2 seasons.

I always run my machines out of gas at the end of every season. I haven't had a carb problem since running my machines out of gas at the end of the season.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank goodness for Lawn Boys! No oil to change, just run em out of gas and let them sit thru the winter. Sharpen blade, mix fuel and away you go!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts