My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Founding Administrator
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, does anyone have a "cheat sheet" for spring Lawn Mower Maintenance, sort of on the order of the Blade Sharpening guide posted as a sticky here?

Looking for step by step directions for the person new to changing lawnmower oil, spark plugs, etc. Bet there are lots of folks that would be able to use a guide of this nature. Changing your mower oil seems like a very simple process for us that know the process but for a new homeowner or a person with little exposure to mowers this probably seems like a daunting task.

·
Registered
650 Posts
this is my way of "cheating" in a sense...i usually change all the filters the plugs etc just after the last mow i do in the fall....my JD sits all winter as i dont use it to plow...this way i feel i'm a step ahead of all the chores needing done in the spring..i just need to gas up and i'm ready to mow

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
There is already such a guide for these procedures, its called the owners manual.
;) Owners Manual: The handy informational documentation that comes along with the purchase of a new product. Then a week, month, year or two later sprouts legs, leaps off the workbench and runs into hiding never to be found again until after said product is sold or junked. It's also been known on occasion to make very brief appearances when not needed. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts