My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone threw this out about a year ago. It was very clean and looked to have been restored, but acted like it had thrown a rod. It would turn over cleanly and then suddenly jam. Ive torn most of it down and confirmed the broken rod since the crank spins but piston goes nowhere. Ive looked around the web and have not seen a L-B mower with the raised bolt on LAWN BOY nameplate. The data plate (pictured) only has a serial number and nothing else.
Year?............... Model..........? Is this a Mag Frame?.......Any Other Info.......?...........
Thank You

Attachments

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
That is a 6461 if it is not self propelled . The one Capstan pictured is from the early 1990's . The one you have and I have are mid 1980's mine is a 1986 . They are an "F" engine and take a Charmpion CJ 14. Any other questions please ask !

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
That is a 6461 if it is not selp propelled . The one Capstan pictured is from the early 1990's . The one you have and I have are mid 1980's mine is a 1986 . They are an "F" engine and take a Charmpion CJ 14. Any other questions please ask !

Er... Well now...

You sure made me look like an idiot.. :bag:

By the way King, That's a nice machine.. Did you restore that one?

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Er... Well now...

You sure made me look like an idiot.. :bag:

By the way King, That's a nice machine.. Did you restore that one?
Sorry about that ... never my intention ! Pay attention to the small details (decal on shroud) . Not a complete resto because it runs great , just a quick cosmetic because I still used it at the time.

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Patience ... I thought I would never own a 6250 .. and I do (and a nice one at that).

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
It is buried in my garage right now , remind me in the spring when she comes back out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts