My Lawnmower Forum banner

Lawn Boy Model 7268 (Year 1982)

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dcgrazier 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am looking for a replacement fuel shut off valve for my Lawn Boy mower. The model number is 7268 and its a 1982 model. 2 minutes before completing cutting the grass, I shut the fuel valve off and let the remaining fuel burn out of the carburetor. Even after doing this, fuel continues to drip out of the carb for a while, smells up my garage, and gets me in trouble with the wife. I am having no luck in finding this part as it has been discontinued. Any help would be appreciated. I believe the part number is 681817

Thanks

#2 ·
Hello, Burr Head and welcome to MLMF. Glad you found us and jumped in. Let me see what I can do. I have some older shrouds around with this type of valve. I'll see if I can get a good part off it for you. Let me see.

#3 ·
You might try taking the shut off valve apart and cleaning it. Note the position of the round shut off washer in the valve. When you reassemble the valve, flip the shut off washer upside down. I have been able to get these valves to work again doing the above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.