My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just got a LB Model 3002 from my brother-in-law. Is there anything special I need to know with this model of machine. I have worked/own alot of different models that have both D and F engines. This is my first C series engine that I have dealt with on a LB. This one hasn't been ran in a long time. I drained the gas tank as the fuel was close to being varnish. I pulled the bowl off the carb and cleaned it out as well. Put a fresh plug in it as well as cleaned the rest of the ignition system. Also, would the standard 32:1 mix be fine for it or should I run a 16:1 mix. Any help with it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Stu

·
Founding Administrator
1,256 Posts
Hello, Stu, and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the new machine.

If it has 3 rings on the piston (you can check via the exhaust ports) you should run 16:1, if it has 2 then 32:1 should be fine. I'd suggest a real good quality oil or the Lawnboy oil.

How about some pictures?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some pictures of it.

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4192.jpg

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4194.jpg

IMG_4197.jpg

I just got it run for a little bit. I did do one mod to it, the original kill switch was junk. So I rigged up another switch that is working. I will keep you all updated on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Based on my research for this machine, it has 3 rings on the piston. I haven't officially pulled the muffler off to check it out though. Just off my research of part numbers that go to this machine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another question I have is, how do I tell the age of the machine when the model and serial number range don't match up when I look parts up on the LB Parts Site?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably going to just leave it as is. I think it gives it more character and shows its age better. It isn't in to bad of shape except for the chunk missing from the mag deck. I am just working on getting it running right now.

·
Registered
650 Posts
i used one that looked like that when i was younger ,i mowed lawns to make a buck, that was probably mid to late 60's thats about as close as i can come to dating it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts