My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I just got a LB Model 3002 from my brother-in-law. Is there anything special I need to know with this model of machine. I have worked/own alot of different models that have both D and F engines. This is my first C series engine that I have dealt with on a LB. This one hasn't been ran in a long time. I drained the gas tank as the fuel was close to being varnish. I pulled the bowl off the carb and cleaned it out as well. Put a fresh plug in it as well as cleaned the rest of the ignition system. Also, would the standard 32:1 mix be fine for it or should I run a 16:1 mix. Any help with it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Stu

·
Founding Administrator
1,265 Posts
Hello, Stu, and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the new machine.

If it has 3 rings on the piston (you can check via the exhaust ports) you should run 16:1, if it has 2 then 32:1 should be fine. I'd suggest a real good quality oil or the Lawnboy oil.

How about some pictures?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some pictures of it.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface

Plant Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Motor vehicle

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Combat vehicle

Vehicle registration plate Tire Plant Wheel Combat vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface

I just got it run for a little bit. I did do one mod to it, the original kill switch was junk. So I rigged up another switch that is working. I will keep you all updated on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Based on my research for this machine, it has 3 rings on the piston. I haven't officially pulled the muffler off to check it out though. Just off my research of part numbers that go to this machine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably going to just leave it as is. I think it gives it more character and shows its age better. It isn't in to bad of shape except for the chunk missing from the mag deck. I am just working on getting it running right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.