My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess what I found today...:bag:

It is a model 10304 Silver Series 4.75 HP Commercial Grade Engine Self Propelled LB

It is missing a coil. I paid $10 for it. Now can anyone tell me what I have as this is my first Lawn Boy :help:
I know there is a fellow or two here that may be familiar with this brand of mower...:ROFL

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
V series engine made by Tecumsuh ... I never had luck with these or the Duraforces ... you need a pair of old Craftsman ... they are super light , shipping would be cheap !!

·
Premium Member
7,359 Posts
Cool! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

The first of many!? :D

P.S., you're passing me by on post count!! :bag:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured I never had a LB before and the opportunity was there and it was only $10. I'm going to see if its virile or not ;) The makings of my eclectic mower collection :cool

·
Premium Member
6,119 Posts
Careful Five Points! That one might only have been $10, but I'm tellin' ya', these things are just like gambling. Pretty soon you'll be sitting on a folding chair in a circle with other folks saying, "Hello, my name is Five Points.":D

We just might have to add another forum..."moweranon"

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
I figured I never had a LB before and the opportunity was there and it was only $10. I'm going to see if its virile or not ;) The makings of my eclectic mower collection :cool
Just keep in mind , this model is a Toro/Lawnboy . I own a few myself , they carry the name ... but not the same quality . Do not let this sour your taste for a Lawnboy . (Talking from my own experience , don't intend this to be a negitive thing. )

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Careful Five Points! That one might only have been $10, but I'm tellin' ya', these things are just like gambling. Pretty soon you'll be sitting on a folding chair in a circle with other folks saying, "Hello, my name is Five Points.":D

We just might have to add another forum..."moweranon"
You got me thinking...............
Just keep in mind , this model is a Toro/Lawnboy . I own a few myself , they carry the name ... but not the same quality . Do not let this sour your taste for a Lawnboy . (Talking from my own experience , don't intend this to be a negative thing. )
Thank you, I wouldn't, I knew this was a newer model and probably not as nice as the older ones. I just considered this "An Entry Level" LB, you know, getting my foot in the door.. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,359 Posts
pretty soon you'll be sitting on a folding chair in a circle with other folks saying, "hello, my name is five points.":d

we just might have to add another forum..."moweranon"
:rofl

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't know if they gouge people at Christmas or what , but we are looking at over $200 :sorry:
Ouch... Thanks for checking though. I hope they find a good home and not the meat grinder, not that you would put them there, but someone else with bad intentions :(

Sounds a little like an adoption agency..:dunno:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.