My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 8" wheels of the HR214 will give a max height of cut of 3". So I'm wondering if larger diameter wheels would work. I went and bought some 10"ers, but they rubbed the deck (didn't consider that...) It looks like there is space for 9" wheels on the rear, but the front is iffy. Looks like it would rub the deck a bit, but thinking I could maybe put in a spacer to move them out from the deck enough to allow them to bolt on. Has anyone had luck putting larger wheels on an HR214? (And perhaps the same situation goes for the HR215 as well.)

·
Super Moderator
6,198 Posts
The 8" wheels of the HR214 will give a max height of cut of 3". So I'm wondering if larger diameter wheels would work. I went and bought some 10"ers, but they rubbed the deck (didn't consider that...) It looks like there is space for 9" wheels on the rear, but the front is iffy. Looks like it would rub the deck a bit, but thinking I could maybe put in a spacer to move them out from the deck enough to allow them to bolt on. Has anyone had luck putting larger wheels on an HR214? (And perhaps the same situation goes for the HR215 as well.)
You’re right about the HR215. It shares the same deck with the HR214.
You may be able to slip washers over the axel to push the wheels out a bit and you may have to use a longer bolt to reach in. But, if I remember right, the factory bolt tightens against the axel so you might have to find a suitable spacer to fill the gap created by spacing the wheel out.
I hope that all make sense, I can picture it in my head but I din’t know if I explained it well.

·
Super Moderator
6,198 Posts
I shook some cob webs out of my noggin and recalled something I had done a few years back one day while bored. There might be a solution to what you are trying to accomplish, or maybe not. At any rate, here is the link.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
🤣 Seeing that, The Beach Boys' "409" popped into my head, "215" being substituted for "409", and the line "My four speed, dual quad, posi-traction 409" becoming "My two speed, single barrel, posi-traction 215" with your dual wheels supplying the posi-traction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts