My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Kohler CV 740 s that only starts then stops. Like it is not getting enough fuel, but yet the inlet fuel hose squirts a lot of fuel when disconnected and the engine turning. The fuel solenoid is functioning like it should. The carby has been cleaned and the spark plugs and fuel filter have been replaced.

Just for some reason it does not stay running. I have come to my end of my knowledge and I do not know what else to check.

Please respond.

It has self adjusting valves I believe and the push rods seem to be working properly.

Thanks.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Air, fuel and spark are what you need for it to run.

-You have a good fuel flow out of the fuel pump when cranking the engine right? If you pull the electric solenoid off the carb bowl and turn it over, is the carb filling up properly? Could the inlet be clogged? Needle and seat stuck shut?

-Is the solenoid pulling down the plunger properly to allow fuel to pass into the main jet?

-How is the idle jet adjusted? Is it at least 1.5 - 2 full turns out? Is the choke working properly and fully closed when trying to start the engine? It has two cylinders to prime up and a half choke may not be enough to get the juices flowing.

-Has the carb control linkage been re-installed correctly? If not that could be causing the whole problem bye not allowing the throttle blade to open and close properly.

Just a few suggestions. I hope you can get it running right, and soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts