My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone!

I received a Kobalt KCS 180B-06 for free from someone who's moving to the city. With charger and battery.

When I plug the 80V battery into the charger I get the green charging light on the charger, and the 3 lights on the battery start blinking in order. This lasts for about 30 seconds. Then the charger starts blinking red and the lights on the battery go out. The battery has 20V on it.

I've unplugged and replugged both battery and charger numerous times. This has gotten the battery from 2V when I started to the 20V its at now. But it seems I'm capped out at 20V.

These batteries are expensive and I'm not even sure the chainsaw works yet. I've watched numerous youtube videos about adding power to a lithium ion battery, then the charger will start working properly....but I have nothing in my shop that can add that much juice.

I guess my question is: Is it the charger or the battery that's malfunctioning? Any tricks I can use to figure out what's wrong?

The battery is the 80V 2Amp battery.
Thanks in advance,

Tango

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.