My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I bought and reconditioned a 70 series CubCadet. I bought it for $50.00 ended up with a thousand in it. I know "never get that back" oh well, hard to build anything and get a investment back. I know that.
here's the deal, I have a step grandson, " lol a step son to my son's step son! yal, thats funny lol, but he is still my great Grandson. dont worry ,none of my family reads this forum.
A couple weeks ago he ask me all about it, also ask if I found another CC if I would tell him about it. ofcourse I would, btw, he is 9 year old and a very polite kid.
Im posting pics, after built and after setting in my yard for 3 or 4 years , never been started in that time. New rings, valves,live hydraulics,dual rear wheels and new tractor tires.
I need to lighten up around here ,of tractor and parts,lawn mower's and parts. So I think Josh will recieve a gift of a 70 series CC with Molboard and a cultivator., Im like all of you, I will share anything I have, this boy was so serious and dead set on a CC, not any of my other tractors.I think its his day!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
A few years ago I bought and reconditioned a 70 series CubCadet. I bought it for $50.00 ended up with a thousand in it. I know "never get that back" oh well, hard to build anything and get a investment back. I know that.
here's the deal, I have a step grandson, " lol a step son to my son's step son! yal, thats funny lol, but he is still my great Grandson. dont worry ,none of my family reads this forum.
A couple weeks ago he ask me all about it, also ask if I found another CC if I would tell him about it. ofcourse I would, btw, he is 9 year old and a very polite kid.
Im posting pics, after built and after setting in my yard for 3 or 4 years , never been started in that time. New rings, valves,live hydraulics,dual rear wheels and new tractor tires.
I need to lighten up around here ,of tractor and parts,lawn mower's and parts. So I think Josh will recieve a gift of a 70 series CC with Molboard and a cultivator., Im like all of you, I will share anything I have, this boy was so serious and dead set on a CC, not any of my other tractors.I think its his day!
Well, if smiles are worth money Don, I bet you'll make a profit when your grandson gets that! You're a good man, Charlie Brown :ThumbUp:

Oh, and uh, yeah Don, I'm on a grandson adoption list if you have any interest :idea:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Woohoo to one very lucky grandson!!

That's the way to build up youth in the hobby all the way! :ThumbUp:
We'll be waiting for pics. :2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Very nice thing to do! Blessing for sure!

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Yep, the excitement he'll have from getting that from you will be worth more than you've got invested for sure.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
:ditto: I'll bet he'll stretch his face all out of shape from smiling! What an awesome gift that would be for him! :ThumbUp:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Good for you Don. I'll bet his feet won't touch the ground for a month. And from what you say about his manners it's a fitting reward. If he lives close enough and you have the room let him do some gardening on your property with it. Good life lessons.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I advised his Mom last night of my intensions, they will come get it in a day or so. I havnt talked to Josh yet , I will get pics, maybe a short Vid. on you tube
They live in the country with lots of ground.:ThumbUp:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Oh, and uh, yeah Don, I'm on a grandson adoption list if you have any interest :idea:
Wow Ellis, this fits right in with your signature! :sidelaugh :bag:

Reactions: tiretrx

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He was all brite eyed and smiles, I had a folder full of info and manuals, they will come back later and get a front CC dozer blade and a cultivator.I told him I better hang on to the mold board, I have it rigged up to attach to my 2210 JD on the 3 point. but he can use it any time.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Sounds like Christmas came early!

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Wow Ellis, this fits right in with your signature! :sidelaugh :bag:
I'm pretty much shameless, Don...........never denied it :ROFL

What a great photo, Doc :cool My man is proud as a peacock. Fits him good too.

·
Registered
480 Posts
There's nothing more satisfying then putting a smile on a childs face. You're a good man Don.

Reactions: DrBailey
1 - 20 of 25 Posts