My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
upon inspecting issues and cleaning i think I may have governor spring in the wrong position. when engaging blades engine does not speed up enough to compensate for blades turning with throttle wide open. can anyone tell me what might be the problem?

· Registered
13 Posts
I had a similar issue and this is the path I took. Did you remove the spring?

I'm assuming you removed the throttle assembly during cleaning and inspection. One or both of those mounting bolt holes are slotted and that's how you adjust the engine speed. So if you took that off and didn't put it on precisely where it was, which I found to be difficult, you will affect the spring tension and engine speed. I found this video helpful when it happened to me.

I made small adjustments with the engine off. Then start it, check with a tach, rinse and repeat until the RPM's were at spec. If I remember correctly, it's 3600 for that engine at full throttle. Other's may know how to do this with the engine running but I didn't have the confidence to do that fearing I may over-rev the engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.