My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have just joined and just purchased an 06 757 with 400 hrs. It looks in good shape and run great. I am new to zero turns and have 2 acres to mow fairly smooth but trees and some slop. Question is, is there anythng I need to know about this mower ( problems). These are so fun, thank you

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

Those 757's are nice machines. I used to work at a JD dealer and drove them a lot, they had quite a bit of power and were fast. Miss the sound of firing up those throaty Kawi's. The owner of the dealership would sometimes take them out in the parking lot and put on a show deminstrating their maneuverability, it almost looked like they were dancing.

I'm not aware of any known problems specifically for that machine, but I would just keep up on normal maintenance like any other machine and it should provide good service! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I have had my mower for almost a month and it has started to rain in the northwest . My yard has a area that has a 14 degree slop and this zt mows it great across or up and down. With the high tip speed it cut very well regardless of how fast I go ( up to 9mph ).

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Welcome to the forum boxter!

That was a good choice of a mower for a 14 degree slope; anything less of a ZTR wouldn't have performed will on a slope like that. From the few reviews that I have read about these machines it seems like they are very heavy biult ZTR's that are really robust.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Hi, I have had my mower for almost a month and it has started to rain in the northwest . My yard has a area that has a 14 degree slop and this zt mows it great across or up and down. With the high tip speed it cut very well regardless of how fast I go ( up to 9mph ).
Welcome to the site, Boxter!

You are just over the hill from where I am in Kirkland. :D

Yeah, I hear you there, we're definitely stuck with this weather until next April-June probably.

It sounds like your 757 does a nice job cutting in this type of climate. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts