My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front yard 120L x 50W is on a 25 to 30 degree slope. My backyard is better. I live on a 1 acre lot and have about 24,000 sq ft of grass. I need a mower with a differential lock. Now I would love a John Deere. But saving $2500 is nice also. All I plan to do is mow grass and have a dump cart. I am very worried about the rear transmission I need one that will hold up. So is saving $2500 worth it.
Side note, I am also looking at the Husqvarna reticulating mower 322T AWD. But that will be another thread.

Marty

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
For general yard maintenance use, you shouldn't have any issues pulling a standard yard cart around.

I would probably be weary about loading up the cart full of concrete or pavers but for hauling around some topsoil, etc, lawn tractors are designed for pulling a little weight.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
The JD is a higher end machine compared to the Husky. Best thing to do is to try them both in showroom for fit. Hard to say which is better for you.

Reactions: martinphillip03

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm pretty sure the GT52LSI doesn't have locking differential, the only one I see on Husqvarna site is the GT48LSI it has a Tuff Torq K66 in it, I looked at one at dealer close to me and it looks well built and it should handle the slopes on your yard, as said above look and try out both.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike, I believe the differential is an electric switch that you turn on and off. But I will double check to make sure. Thanks.

Marty

I'm pretty sure the GT52LSI doesn't have locking differential, the only one I see on Husqvarna site is the GT48LSI it has a Tuff Torq K66 in it, I looked at one at dealer close to me and it looks well built and it should handle the slopes on your yard, as said above look and try out both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts