My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Here's mine and it is the best lawn mower I have ever used.

· Registered
175 Posts
Thank you, I love this thing, out of all my tractors this one is my favorite.

· Registered
175 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Stare off.

· Registered
175 Posts
The JD won because it still runs LOL.

· Registered
175 Posts
Which one will win a pull off?
I don't know we will have to find out in a few months. I do know the JD pulls the 990 well when it brakes down which was about once a week.

· Registered
175 Posts
Ok, I well see if I can make a movie I might see if I can talk my neighbor in to hooking his H-16 Bolens to one of my tractors and see what it can do.

· Registered
175 Posts
Around here Bolens come up for sale about 3 times a year. My neighbor hasn't had his but a couple of months and I know for a fact it is not for sale.

· Registered
175 Posts
Brad thats a good looking tractor and yard.

· Registered
175 Posts
Here is my JS 45. I like the drive mechanism. It is good overall, but I am retiring it to camp. I bought it new at the dealer, over going to Lowes. I am glad I did. I liked the way I was treated at the dealership.

That's a nice mower and a good looking yard too. I also prefer the dealer over the box store any day of the week.

· Registered
175 Posts
Here's my 1999 John Deere LT166 with a freedom mulch deck.:) I love it!

Good looking machine, Way95. I have always wondered how those Freedom mulching decks cut.

· Registered
175 Posts
I has an awesome cut quality, but I don't like sharpening those mulch blades.
Mulch blades can be a PITA some times. I have been running the standard blades on my X520 which are pretty good. I have a way to mulch leaves with out a mulch kit, it just takes extra time.

· Registered
175 Posts
Here's a more current picture of my X520.
It will get a bath in a few weeks.

· Registered
175 Posts
Why give it a bath? It looks fine to me....:D
Well compared to some other John Deere's floating around on the web, mine is dirty. In the picture you can't really tell it is dirty but up close it is a nice layer of dust and some mud.

· Registered
175 Posts
Mine only had about 40 hrs on when I took the photo in 2004 and I had just waxed it. As I recall a few weeks before that I'd got caught in the rain and had grass and mud plastered all over it. Thus after washing I took the opportunity to put on the wax.

It's seldom as pristine as the photo and in reality has not seen any wax since then. :D Just not enough hours in the day. ;)
As of right now I have 298.8 hours on mine. It gets washed maybe every 4 months and has never seen any wax.
Mark you have one of the best looking JD's on the web.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.