My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a John Deere LT155 which has gradually become sluggish when travelling and very reluctant to tackle anything more than a very gradual incline. What things should I check and hopefully rectify? Obviously I am hoping it is not the hydrostatic unit that needs replacing! Many thanks, Terry

·
Registered
293 Posts
It may be low on hydrostatic oil?

Sadly, from the LT155 manual;
The transmission is a sealed component. No maintenance is required on this transmission. If you suspect any transmission problems, please contact your John Deere dealer.

From the Lawn Troop site:

John Deere LT155 Hydrostatic Transmission Problems
  • Power is transferred from the engines to the hydraulic pumps using the hydrostatic transmission system. The wheels spin due to the liquid pressure produced by the pumps.
  • Transmission difficulties might occur if the driving axle or a metal hose is broken. The system will not be able to create pressure if cavitation occurs.
  • You must clean your hydraulic transmission system to fix cavitation. If your mower becomes sluggish, purging your transmission system of air can assist.
  • Sometimes if purging the system of air didn’t work, you should inspect the system for damage.

Reactions: Mark / Ohio

·
Administrator
6,272 Posts
Another thought. Make sure your belt an drive pulley are in good shape. On my LT 150 the splines wore off the input shaft and the pully started to spin on the shaft. They make a replacement kit for that. Also make sure you don't have one of the rear wheels spinning on it's axle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts