My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share the photos of my JD 50 dump Cart when I posted a question about it a week or so ago.It will be on display at the Tri-State Engine Show Swap Meet in Portland,Indiana starting May 18,2011.Much like one of our other members, my cart was an estate find at a local auction.Just light surface rust here and there and in the bed.I have used it and it is more efficient than the model 80 as you don't have to be concerned with removing the tail gate when there is none.I still wish there was more info on this dump cart, but apparently there is not much known other than the fact it is from the late 1960s or early 1970s.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here is a picture of mine. It was a light duty cart and made for RER and lawn tractors. I paid $50 for mine at the local JD dealer with new tires. If I remember right mine was made in 1971. Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK Thanks.

I see there are 3 of us now with the Model 50 Dump Cart.

I am sure there are more folks out ther with the 50, but they don't know about this site.

Steve-2tawl

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wanted to share the photos of my JD 50 dump Cart when I posted a question about it a week or so ago.It will be on display at the Tri-State Engine Show Swap Meet in Portland,Indiana starting May 18,2011.Much like one of our other members, my cart was an estate find at a local auction.Just light surface rust here and there and in the bed.I have used it and it is more efficient than the model 80 as you don't have to be concerned with removing the tail gate when there is none.I still wish there was more info on this dump cart, but apparently there is not much known other than the fact it is from the late 1960s or early 1970s.
COOL I have never seen one before, I have been collecting 80 carts and restoring them. My first one I spent to much money on and is to good to use now. The one I did last winter I don't have a tail gate for it was to far gone. Going to make on for it. I want a 50 cart now. Most of my 80 carts I find at garage sales. Like I said I have never seen a 50 cart so maybe they are even harder to come by. Here is a pic of the cart I did last winter

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts