My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently mowing and all at once a spring fell out of the bottom of the mower. It is the one that works with the clutch. unfortunately I cannot see how to put it back on properly. DOes anyone have a diagram of where to put this spring back on? I am pretty sure it goes on the middle two pulleys that tension the drive belt. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The spring is from the drive belt for the transmission....there is a double pulley in the middle of the belt between the engine and the transmission. The spring keeps tension on the pulleys/belt until the clutch is pushed in but I cannot find the place where the spring goes. I guess if I turned the mower upside down I could figure it out...lol. :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
smithkjnc, I own a JD 180, the same machine other than engine I believe. Here are a couple of pictures of the rebuild of it, hopefully show your spring!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's it!!!!! :) Thank you thank you!!! The long spring by the side is the one. I can now put it back and mow again. :2th::2th::2th:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
YEA!! Thank God I take alot of pictures!! ;)
Glad to help you out!

Reactions: Mark777

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Thanks Mark!! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts