My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It jerks in the lower gears real bad.. seems to lose drive to the transaxle for an instant and causes mower to jerk. Or maybe problem is within the Peerles 915-12B. What should I look for? :dunno:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I replaced the drive belt about 2 years ago and it still looks ok. The pulley on the trans though does seem worn and I can feel a slight groove in it. I guess the smart thing would be to replace the trans pulley, drive pulley, and the belt which is what I'll do. thanks for the tip. I got side-tracked thinking it was a problem with the trans before I eliminated the belt and pulleys. ... By the way, my apologies for posting this in the wrong area or forum. I should have posted it in John deere forum under specific brands. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Well, I replaced the drive belt about 2 years ago and it still looks ok. The pulley on the trans though does seem worn and I can feel a slight groove in it. I guess the smart thing would be to replace the trans pulley, drive pulley, and the belt which is what I'll do. thanks for the tip. I got side-tracked thinking it was a problem with the trans before I eliminated the belt and pulleys. ... By the way, my apologies for posting this in the wrong area or forum. I should have posted it in John deere forum under specific brands. Thanks
Not a problem. I'd say start with the simplest things first and eliminate them one by one as you go.

Maybe somebody else has some ideas for you too.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Welcome to MLF Tharp, glad to have you aboard. Sounds like your getting some good advice. Enjoy your visits here :2th:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
:welcome: to MLF!

It sounds like you're on the right track there as an un-tentioned belt can cause the issues you're describing. Keep us updated and let us know how we can help!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
The guys are right, those transaxles are tough. Sounds like loose tensioner pulley also?! Definitely sounds like slipping belt is your cause.
Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts