My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Engine cranks but will not start. Good spark to spark plug. Eventually the battery wore down from cranking so I jumped it from auto. Still no start. Then I started auto and lawn tractor fired right up. Then I shut the tractor and the auto off and tried restarting. No start. Put jumper cables back on, still no start. Then I restarted auto and tractor again fired right up. Seems it won't start with 12 volts but will with 14 volts.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Since you have spark I would guess lack of fuel problem. The only thing I can think of electrical related to fuel would be the fuel solenoid in the bottom of the carburetor. You might want to also clean all of the battery cable connections including where it is connected to ground on the tractor. It does not take much corrosion to start dropping voltage across it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but what is "started auto"?
I think he means the car (auto) he jump started it from.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
X2! I would also check fuel pump if equipped! I think it might be just timing that it started when car was running. If engine cranks fast enough to engage compression release, it should fire with spark/gas!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts