My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the site. I have a John Deere L100 mower, 17 hp Briggs. Used it a couple weeks ago and it cranked and ran fine. I tried to crank it a couple of days ago and the motor would only spin a rev or two. This is what I have done so far. I have replaced the starter solenoid, the starter, sparkplug, and I have taken out the sparkplug and sprayed Wd40 on the cylinder. It still will not turn more than a couple of revolutions. If I leave the sparkplug out it will spin all day when I turn the key. What else can I check ? Thanks for your help.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Welcome to the site!

Have you tested the battery? It may just need a good full charge or need to be replaced if it's at the end of its life. Even though it cranks over fine without the plugs in, it may still be too low to crank over with compression.

I'd start first with putting it on a battery charger and let it fully charge all the way up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would also charge the battery and take it to local auto parts store and have them test the cells. If the cells are bad the tend to lose charge has they sit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts