My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My JD mower was having problems with the blades not engaging At first I could just reach under the das and jiggle the plug where it plugged into the switch and that would work. That ceased to work so I bough a new switch. no results. However I notched for some possibly unrelated reason all the fan blades on the transmission cooling fan were knocked off right where the mower was sitting when I installed to the new switch. The mower starts and runs fine but no blades engaging. Any ides would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Hmm...seems like you were on the right track when you got results by jiggling the plug. It may not have been at the plug, but somewhere else along the path of that wire leading up to the plug. I'd recommend checking the wire, or wires, that lead from that plug all the way back to their beginnings.

Others with more information and suggestions should be along shortly.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Sounds like a possible unrelated issue with fan blades. Does the machine still move and work normal except blades?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Have you checked the voltage at battery? Why did you replace the switch for? These PTO systems need 12v to work, your issue is in charging circuit or battery. You may only need a new battery as if they get old sometimes can't continue to power the PTO while mowing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You need to remove pully where cooling fan was, and get a new one with fan.
Without that fan the transaxle will overheat and cause it to fail.

Like Eric said check your voltage, but when you said you could wiggle it there might be a bad connection in plug that goes on switch.
Pull plug and inspect it for loose or broken wires.

The first two sentences are very important !

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts