My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across a John Deere 318 hiding in a garage over here in Germany. Not sure the exact year. It looks to be in good shape. Everything is original on it with 1,000 hours on the Onan engine. I will be taking a closer look today. I offered €600 ($780). He said yes. Good deal or not? That is if everything is in decent condition.

·
Premium Member
6,119 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, so much for that. I took a closer look at the 318 today. I removed the side panels on the engine and found about 15 years of neglect. There was about one inch of oil sludge caked onto the whole block. Every component looked worn and showed that no one had ever put any money into upkeep. The rest of the machine was not much better looking underneath. I figured this would turn into a bottomless pit. What a shame.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Sorry to hear that, to bad the owner wouldn't be negotiable on the price to compensate for the neglect..All you can do is keep your eyes open for another one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.