My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a Jacobsen T422D. I don't know much about it so I am going to post a link to the craigslist ad and I would appreciate any feedback you guys might have. I mow around 4 acres and currently have a John Deere 420 with a 60" mowing deck and would like something a little more maneuverable and quicker at getting the job done. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Wow, a 6" swath would get things mowed quickly.

I can't say that I know a whole lot about Jacobsens other than to say they've been in business for a very long time, and have been out of the residential side of the market for many years, concentrating on the commercial market. So from that you can obviously count on it being a heavy duty machine.

Couple of things I'd have to know if I were looking at it would be how it had been used and how many hours are on it. What are the many new parts they mentioned and what sort of maintenance records can they show.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
:ditto: I would go with it as long as the hours aren't too bad, and it has been maintained properly. Check the oil to see if it looks to be in good condition; this is especially important as diesel engines have zero tolerance for dirty oil. Be sure to check stuff like spindles and bearings-that can add up fast. Good luck!:ThumbUp:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up going for it. I got that mower and a parts t422d that is complete, minus the transmission, for $3000. I new I shouldn't have driven it. I can never say no after driving something I'm looking at buying!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts