My Lawnmower Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Next up is a model T-20, manufactured in the late 80's I believe, well after Textron's acquisition of Jacobsen in 1975. Still sporting the Jacobsen orange colors and lightweight alloy shell, but Jacobsen is now just a brand of the Homelite Textron company. I got this one for $15 as a non-runner with one broken spring adjuster. The adjuster was easily replaced, the engine I'm still trying to figure out. In the mean time I tossed an old B&S 3.5 on it and just made it a side-shooter rather than mulcher which requires more power.

4th pic shows the original motor, currently removed.
I see now that I didn't really do a follow-up on this one. Without much effort I actually got the original motor running fine and put it back on - the choke linkage was messed up. Of my three running Jacobsons, this is the only one that is pretty much totally stock. I just run it as a side-shooter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Went shopping at my favorite junkyard and stumbled across some more Jake's. I can't seem to ever leave these damn things behind! This one I've documented before - it's a 20" mulcher with the dual blades. The engine was done so I left it behind. Some of the wheel adjusters are in "iffy" shape also, so not sure what I'll be doing with this one. It's from the era when Jacobsen was a division of Textron, so late 70's to early 80's.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Road surface

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Bumper Orange
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber Red

And here's what it's supposed to look like, should I ever get ambitious enough to do a full restore on it. Note, not my mower or pic - I grabbed it off eBay for reference
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This one I actually did leave behind, but might get motivated to go back and get it. It's a 21" Turbo Vent - pretty much a duplicate of the 19" I have, but two inches bigger. I imagine they sold more of the 19's.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood
Road surface Pollution Bedrock Art Scrap

21 - 23 of 23 Posts