My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not a true Jacobson, but Cushman was the predecessor and was bought out by Jacobson. Many similarities, and cushman parts can still be purchased through Jacobson.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an old (1967 I think) 18" Jake 321 4-blade that I bought along with a Cub Cadet SRC 621. I paid $20.00 for both of them ($10.00 ea.) :D

Both were listed on Craig's list as "non-running"

I put in a new plug in the Jake, a bit of oil/gas mix, and it started on the 1st pull :eek: It wouldn't stay running though, so I took a look at the carb, and found that it was REALLY grungy. Took the carb off, cleaned it a bit, put it back on, and the Jake now runs like new :D:D:D

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
The first mower I can remember using as a kid in the mid-60's was a Jacobsen. It had a Briggs engine with the metal tab on the spark plug as the kill switch. Nothing really special about it except it had a disc type blade which I had never seen on any other mower.

·
Administrator
6,218 Posts
Here's my Jacobsen 18" Special. My dad purchased it used in 1965. It was the first lawnmower I ever pushed. (While looking though the handle. :D )

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Jacobsen Rider I just bought and don't know the model or engine type. Can anyone shed some light on this. I have pictures but have to learn how to post them on here

Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here is a picture of my Homelite/Jacobsen made Craftsman 20" mulcher. All the part numbers on it are Jacobsen. If you click on the picture it will get bigger. I repowered it with an engine from Small Engines warehouse. Roger

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts