My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this John Deere on CL and I'm really tempted to buy it, but what do you guys think its worth if it runs ok? Any idea's on who made it for John Deere, or did they make their own at one time? I wanted to say the deck looked like a old Snapper Hi-Vac, but it looks different in the back. Looks like it might be aluminum. I was thinking maybe Toro? Does not appear to be self propelled.
John Deere "Old" Lawn Mower

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not well versed on John Deere push mowers, did they build their own back in the day, or was this one built by someone else for them? As I said, it almost looks like a Snapper Hi Vac deck, but there are enough differences that I'd say its not. The rear half of it reminds me of a Toro. Were these aluminum?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I'm not well versed on John Deere push mowers, did they build their own back in the day, or was this one built by someone else for them? As I said, it almost looks like a Snapper Hi Vac deck, but there are enough differences that I'd say its not. The rear half of it reminds me of a Toro. Were these aluminum?
I believe it was specially made by Snapper, Yes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts