My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, dreary day,decided to install the snow blower Bob gave us onto ST12. It would sit otherwise! First issue, starter is so slow won't start! :(
Towed it up with Craftsman transplant twin tractor. It felt it some pulling up hill! Definitely not a Suburban!! LOL :dunno:
Too starter out and took it apart. The insides are rusty and bushings are dry. We cleaned it all up and lubed it best we could. Reinstall it and .....nothing? The solenoid acts dead, so install new one. Try again, nothing?? Check wires from switch, decide to install new fuse holder for newer fuses and check that, tested like bad switch. NOPE! Turns out someone disabled a safety and taped the connections together badly, came loose! :soap: It cranks much better and fired up. Brought it down and removed deck and installed blower, first time doing this SUPER EASY!! Why new ones aren't this easy! The blower works with a temp belt installed! Had to remove part of grill, Sears made it removable for this reason! :2th:
While it was in garage, installed the missing Top link on three point hitch. Installed the rear plow and tried it out on neighbors shoulder, works great! Now have extra rear weight for blowing! Here is video of blower on and some pics!! Enjoy, taking it easy today. Back break!!! :idea:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!! Now we wait for the right belt and I have to install two bolts that we missed! Helps to read manual! Thank God for Stripmine's site from MTF!! We also have to fabricate two mounts for the clutch lever and shute adjustment levers. Got to check if my friend has them?

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice attachments! The snowblower especially looks good.

Wish I had a couple more for mine.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Austen, I got a line on quite a few attachments locally! A guys son is selling 13 tractors and stuff from his deceased dads collection! I am gonna try for the sickle bar and rear moldboard if I can afford them!! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tell me about it!! Guy has tons of stuff! I feel like kid on Christmas morning LOL ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the guys phone number and gonna go Saturday morning!

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
So now that you have two snow blowers, you and pop gonna keep the neighborhood and local Wal Mart lot clean?:sidelaugh

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Smitty, lets see, we got two tractor/blowers, a walk behind blower, A full size plow on truck, and the SS10 dirt plow with rear moldboard plow to back drag if everything goes right this weekend!! I think we need more!! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dad got some work done to it today. Finished some loose hangers on blower and fabricated a new grill for missing insert and painted it. I got out my SS10 and used it to sweep yard. Most I ever ran it, worked good except when it stalled and refused to restart!? Carb was out of adjustment. Accidentally hit drain on float bowl and now leaks. We will probably remove that and plug hole as I use shutoff valve. Waiting on belt and brackets now for blower to be done!!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Both are looking awesome!

Love 'them vintage GT's.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks! I am hoping to get a rear plow,and maybe even a sickle bar for them tomorrow! I have a shopping list ready! ;)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That'll be a lot of fun! More uses the better. :cool

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Well not as good as I hoped! I did score a set of 55# weights ,a starter for ST12, a generator/starter for SS10, a spare carb and a seat. He has a lot of snow blowers and plows. I did not see a tractor I wanted. I wanted a reap plow and three point hitch for my SS10, but no luck. On way home ,we stopped at my dad's friends. He wants us to fix his tractor and sell it. A nice Craftsman with three bagger. We fixed the engine for him a few months ago. Now he says it don't charge battery. I checked it and think the battery is dead? Enjoyed a day out with dad and Bob! Bob was teaching us all about the implements the guy has!!
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/grd/4111515944.html

1 - 20 of 31 Posts