My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted my Wanted ad yesterday and got an insane response..

I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves here guys.. Remember.. This is One Guy's collection.. And he says this is about "A Tenth" Of the whole thing..

If this guy is for real I could seriously make a killing..

This is also a time when I do wish I was on MTF.. I know that Last mower is insanely rare.. Like Insanely.. but I cant pinpoint what the heck it is..

Yard Nazi, Wolfy, Comm King.. I Need your help!

-Stan

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Sounds like a ripe opportunity to acquire some rare machines! Keep us updated on the outcome.

Careful where you post it! :bag:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I won't know Anything until after Easter (Happy Easter BTW)..

I did get a response for an incredibly rusted out junker that someone wanted $100 for... Nope. :ROFL

-Stan

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
What state is that guy from Kori?

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Kori, this sounds super cool!! You will score big time!
Why don't you join MTF and post it??

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He's about 20 Minutes away from Me Smitty.. So.. Northern Ohio..

Eric. It's a very long story.. But Along time ago when I was much younger.. I got cocky with an Admin and got myself Banned.. Yes I know It doesn't seem like me.. But we all get older and wiser eh?

-Stan

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Kori, I posted it over there for you!
Admins, if wrong please let me know!
You guys know I am trying to help as Kori helps me!

·
Registered
1 Posts
That last one looks like an 8453 that has possibly had the shroud replaced with one from a newer commercial model - note the holes in the side of the shroud where the plastic "Lawn-Boy" logo might have once been if the shroud was forward facing.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That last one looks like an 8453 that has possibly had the shroud replaced with one from a newer commercial model - note the holes in the side of the shroud where the plastic "Lawn-Boy" logo might have once been if the shroud was forward facing.
Wow, You have sharp eyes!

I hadn't noticed that.. You Might be right!

-Stan

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Nice bunch of mowers!! The model of the one you are trying to identify escapes me at the moment but it appears to have the Lawnboy PRO Supreme starter which is the same starter I added to my 8243AE. I tried to find my instruction sheet as it had the model number but I musy have thrown it away. Seems like it could have been an 8471 or 8461 or something like that. I did find some on the MTF commercial picture thread that looked similar. Bill

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice bunch of mowers!! The model of the one you are trying to identify escapes me at the moment but it appears to have the Lawnboy PRO Supreme starter which is the same starter I added to my 8243AE. I tried to find my instruction sheet as it had the model number but I must have thrown it away. Seems like it could have been an 8471 or 8461 or something like that. I did find some on the MTF commercial picture thread that looked similar. Bill
I also added a Pull starter to my 8243AE As the Electric only start seemed a mite stupid..

I remember hearing that those models were only made for a year or so and were rather desirable.. I won't be able to do anything until Tuesday at the earliest as I am busy with Easter related things.

I hope to get a good haul from this one.. At least 10+ Machines if all goes to plan.. Plus some Parts units to finish off some projects.

The thing is, I have no idea just what he has.. He claims the pictures are "About a third of what I got" In his own words so I don't even know what to expect..

-Stan

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Eric. It's a very long story.. But Along time ago when I was much younger.. I got cocky with an Admin and got myself Banned.. Yes I know It doesn't seem like me.. But we all get older and wiser eh?

-Stan
Kori, 1st WOW! That could be the hit of a lifetime. Hope things pan out for you :2th: As to your previous loss of membership at MTF, please check your pm box.

Kori, I posted it over there for you!
Admins, if wrong please let me know!
You guys know I am trying to help as Kori helps me!
No issues, Eric :cool

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Heard from the Guy today.. Was out of town for awhile and not responding to Emails.. Gah! Scared me! :ROFL

Says He's going to be back in town on Sunday next.. So We shall see.. He's about 15 minutes from me, So I can quickly hop over there and take a look sometime.

-Stan

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't heard from the guy.. I'll give him a call and see if he's back yet..

I don't think they were going to be crushed.. He says the wife is making him clean out a few.. :ROFL

-Stan

1 - 20 of 50 Posts